XXI

14:23 Yoshi 0 Comments

Please, remember that each photo can be enlarged by clicking on it.

Let's catch up, guys!
I know I'm not the most regular blogger on the world but there is a reason I haven't posted in over a year. As with the end of September last year I have started studying in the UK at University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield. I'm doing something I've dreamt about ever since I was 6 and that is 3D Games Art & Design.


Now, I'm not gonna go as far as saying it's all unicorns and rainbows, cause it's not. With the end of summer last year I had to deal with some personal stuff that definitely didn't make the transition to England any easier. Despite having experience with travelling and living on my own for long periods of time, it took me a good few weeks to find my way around the campus. It's worth noting that I had not touched 3D IN. MY. LIFE. I've never had time to give it a go, because of work, school and then, getting my shit together. It's only logical that I was terrified: what if I didn't like 3D modeling? what if I suck at it and for some reason won't find the strenght to learn it? what if something that until now I considered to be my calling, is simply not for me? Luckily, it turned out to not be the case, but in the beginning there was some crying involved over how much better everyone else is, I'm not gonna lie. But with time, I got used to constant working, living from one deadline to another and surviving on one meal a day and 3 hours of sleep, fueled by energy drinks and cigarettes.
You know... Animation life, no biggie.


 I do love my uni, don't get me wrong.


It's well organized, we are provided with every software and hardware we need and the lecturers are just lovable. There is absolutely no shame in asking questions, they have a sense of humour and they feel more like friends than supervisors. Of course we have a lot of respect for them, the biggest I've ever had for any of my teachers as it's fairly earned - every single lecture they prove us they have plenty of stuff yet to teach us. They worked on productions like Harry Potter series, Chronicles of Narnia, Iron Man, The Hobbit and many more; unlike many professors in Poland, our lecturers actually do know what they are talking about. They've taught me everything I know and made me believe I might become a good 3D artist someday.


I'm very happy with where I am know. I've met amazing people, as passionate about things as I am, determined to be the very best, but in the same time, without the desire to bring others down. Thanks to all that I was able to land an internship in CI Games after only a year in 3D. It blows my mind. It's just too good to be true!

But what about this blog? Well, ladies and gentelmen, ATTN is not going anywhere. Experience with sewing has eased my way into many aspects of 3D and I do not plan on giving it up! I have 2 months left until the start of the new academic year and I will spend it on making my projects. One of them is already done, the other one is in progress and my Halloween costume is almost completed. I also have couple of things that I've made last year still waiting to be put up. This is not the end, people!
There's more to come! :)

If you want to check out more of my work, follow my 3D career (lol) or maybe you have work for me, visit my page.



Cheers for sticking by!

x

0 komentarze: